Sunflower State Journal respects your privacy and is committed to offering you a high quality, interactive experience. Your privacy is paramount to us. Our policy was developed so you understand how we may collect and store information about you.
What we collect:
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Cell phone number
- User name
- Payment information, including account or credit card number.
How is this information used:
- Improving website content
- Following website performance.
- To send you periodic emails.
- To send you text or email notifications of when stories are posted.
- Process payment for subscriptions.
- To resolve any customer inquiries or complaints.
- Any information, such as names, mailing address, email address and phone numbers, provided to Sunflower State Journal will not be sold or transferred to anyone else except our trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business and/or servicing you. Such trusted third parties have agreements with us to keep such information confidential. Furthermore, we may release such information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Passive data collection: Like many online services, we and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device when you use our services or interact with us. The information may include:
- IP address
- Operating system
- Device type
- Device manufacturer
- Device identifier
- Browser type
- Content viewed on our services
- Whether you open our electronic communications and where you click within them
- Features of our services that you use
- Name and location of your Internet Service Provider
- Amount of time spent on our pages and how many pages you viewed during your visit
Payment information: All payment information for this site is processed by Stripe, a San Francisco-based company that allows individuals and businesses to accept payments over the Internet. Stripe has been audited by an independent PCI Qualified Security Assessor and is certified as a PCI Level 1 Service Provider. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. For information about Stripe’s security protection, please see their site https://stripe.com/docs/security/stripe.